Click Here to watch our Live Stream Mass.
If you are prompted to create a FaceBook account you can
just click "not now" to watch the Mass.
click here for
Mass & Adoration Schedule
Daily Morning Masses are now being held at St. John's Chapel
Archbishop Gustavo has reinstated the Obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and Holy Days of Obligation effective May 23, 2021.
With the continual changing of COVID restrictions we will try to keep you informed of the most recent protocols. The following changes were included in the latest statement from the Archdiocese of San Antonio:
• We will continue to invite people in our parishes, schools and agencies who are not fully vaccinated, to wear masks when they are indoors and around others. Mask usage is no longer required for outdoor activities. Verification of vaccination will not be required; it is our hope that everyone will act honorably in this matter for the sake of the common good.
• We will encourage, but no longer require, social distancing measures. This means that parishes, schools and agencies can resume normal operations.
• We ask that individuals who are feeling ill or are symptomatic to please stay home and not return to work, school or church until they have had resolution of their symptoms for at least 24 hours.
• Parishes, schools and agencies should continue to sanitize their facilities regularly.
• Individuals are encouraged to continue proper hand sanitation.
Welcome to St. John the Evangelist, Hondo, Texas, parish website. This website will help to keep you informed on everything that happens at St. Johns. We as a parish community are committed to offer support to our parishioners in their journey as disciples of Christ. Our parish seeks to offer several opportunities to our faithful to learn, nurture and share the gift of faith in Jesus Christ.
Our Sunday Liturgy continues to remain a source of blessing in our faith journey. With the new decree from our archbishop removing dispensation from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and days of obligation, I encourage you all to join us in person for our weekend Masses. Our faith is sustained by our common worship and prayer at the Holy Mass and it continues to motivate our life of service and witness. May we as parish family honor the Sabbath and remain faithful to his commandment.
St. John’s remains grateful to all our parishioners who have been generous in their giving. Your sacrifice and commitment have sustained the work of the church. May I encourage you to continue to support the church through your offerings. In addition to weekly offerings at Mass, we have convenient online giving available. You may give online at https://www.givecentral.org/pew-card/941
or text the keyword SUNDAY to 830-218-1667.
I pray that you find love, care, warmth and above all spiritual growth being part of St. John's family. May the Lord bless you and your family.
Fr Babychan Arackathara msfs
Click here for
A message from Archbishop Gustavo
regarding vaccines for Covid-19
click here for
5 Ways to get the most
out of on-line Mass